Many people want to bring more Yoga into their lives. knowing it will bring them many benefits to mind, body and spirit, but simply don’t know where to start,or how.
If you have never been to a yoga class before, it can be very daunting to step into that space, not knowing what to expect, if you will fit in, if you will be ‘able to do it’.
It can be hard to even find a class that is suitable for you as a total beginner, and there is such a weird and (not always) wonderful variety of Yoga ‘styles’ available, that it can be hard to know where to look.
A home practice sounds lovely, but you have to know what you are doing. A real catch 22 situation!
Today, in my Facebook group, I livestreamed a really gently morning practice that you can do on your own, with no experience. You can follow this class in the privacy of your own home.
The practices I do in this session are mostly gently loosening exercises called Jattis, and some breathing exercises that will help to strengthen your lungs. There is also a short relaxation at the end, so make sure you have a blanket you can cover yourself with (a case of do as I say, not as I do, I didn’t grab my blanket and regretted it!)
If there are any postures that you struggle with, listen to your body and work with the signals it is giving you. Don’t feel any pressure to stretch as far as I do in the postures, the flexibility will come when you practice regularly.
This practice will be here for you at any time you want a gentle relaxing practice that will release tension in mind and body, energise your body and clear your mind and increase flexibility in your mind and body.
Come into the Shakti Lounge for growth, sisterhood and connection
If you like this practice, you might be interested in The Shakti Lounge, my new monthly club that is opening on the Spring Equinox, March 20. The Shakti Lounge is for you if you
- You know that you are not living the life you were meant to live, but aren’t sure how to get on the right path
- You struggle to manage stress and difficulty effectively in life…maybe you turn to alcohol, food, shopping, work or mindlessly scrolling through Facebook to escape from your unhappy feelings
- You feel disconnected from your body. You never seem to have enough energy, struggle to sleep well, seldom truly enjoy food, rely too heavily on caffeine, sugar, high calorie foods to keep you going through the day
- You struggle to create time for self care and routines that support your wellbeing
- You are ready to change things for the better, and are committed to living life in your true potential, and to growing into the kind of woman who can live the life you know you were born to live
Find out more about The Shakti Lounge here, and get your name on the waiting list (which I will be opening on the 15th)